Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Nightly Skincare Routine

I have been dedicating about 20 minutes each night to take care of my skin and it has made such an impact. Although I have always taken care of my skin, this extra effort combined with new products has made such a difference.  It has been just over a week following this routine every night and I have seen less breakouts, brighter skin, and lighter acne scars.  Scroll down to go through my nightly routine step by step.  

None of this is sponsored, these are all the real products I use on the daily and have come to love! 
korean beauty, k beauty, natural skin care, skin care, beauty products, skin care routine, skin care products, beauty regimen

 Each night I begin by taking off all my makeup, usually I do this in the shower.  I use this Evanhealy tea tree gel cleanser, it takes off all my makeup, including mascara, in one easy step.  I honestly am surprised each time I use it because I am so used to scrubbing my face with makeup wipes and multiple cleansers, but makeup just slides right off. 
 After I get out of the shower I use this Scratch Goods Matcha Mint Scrub.  This is gentle enough to use daily since it is made with all natural ingredients.  My favorite part, besides the taste, is how my skin feels after rinsing it off.  It doesn't leave your skin feeling raw like most exfoliating products do, but it feels insanely smooth and moisturized.   Read more about Scratch Goods with my full review HERE.
 Next up are the newest editions to my skincare routine.  I usually use dermatologist prescribed creams and ointments to help clear up my acne but I have never really seen the results I wanted.  So i decided to make the switch to serums.  This first serum is Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop, made with pure vitamin C.  I was looking for something to lighten my acne scars and was introduced to this serum at Choc Choc Cosmetics in Chicago, Choc Choc is currently my favorite store, they are incredibly helpful and knowledgable on all of their products.  Korean skincare products are made from unique natural sources, such as snail mucus, and known to be extremely innovative.
korean beauty, k beauty, natural skin care, skin care, beauty products, skin care routine, skin care products, beauty regimen
 I have extremely sensitive skin and was nervous about this Vitamin C serum due to its lightening properties but I experience no "burning" or irritation upon application. 
korean beauty, k beauty, natural skin care, skin care, beauty products, skin care routine, skin care products, beauty regimen
 The second serum I have added into my routine is this Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum by Colleen Rothschild.  Mandelic Acid is actually derived from almonds making this serum not only effective but super gentle.  I have not experienced any irritation while using this serum either.  This serum aids with aging, dark spots, and overall texture, but it has also helped calm down my breakouts.
 This is the dream moisturizer.  I honestly will probably never use any other moisturizer again because it is that good.  This Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream, is just what it says it is.  Although, it is rich it feels incredibly light on your skin, and you only need a small amount to have your entire face feeling incredible.  You can order this product online, but if you are in the Chicago-land area I highly recommend heading to Choc Choc to pick it up in person and test out some other goodies while you are there. 
korean beauty, k beauty, natural skin care, skin care, beauty products, skin care routine, skin care products, beauty regimen
 Bonus! Masking, its also my new favorite noun turned a verb.  Masks are a great thing to include a one or two nights a week, when I mask I usually do a more toned down version of this routine so I don't overload my skin.  My current favorite clay mask is this Colleen Rothschild Clarifying Detox Mask, hence the jar is almost empty.  My skin always looks incredibly calm after I do this mask, it really helps tone down redness and inflammation.  It also has a metallic silver color to it and looks super chic on.
 My favorite sheet mask is this Tonymoly Brightening Lemon Mask, although I am a sucker for any sheet mask out there; especially when they have animal faces on them, too cute.  This mask helps with lightening acne scars and creating a more even and bright skin tone!
korean beauty, k beauty, natural skin care, skin care, beauty products, skin care routine, skin care products, beauty regimen

Nightly Routine

Masks

Originally written for Mermaid Waves.

Pin it!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lifestyle by MW | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig